Thursday, August 10, 2006

Yesterday

Yesterday, I found out that the mother of one of my dear friends passed away. The way I found was via a text message from the director of the audio engineer ministry at my church(I am a sound tech), sent @ 8:55 am, asking me if I was going to be at the church at 12 noon to do the sound for the funeral. I was devestated. I knew that my firneds mom had been really ill but I did not know that she had passed. I should have been there. I WOULD HAVE been there if I had not found about the service roughly 3 hours before it started. When I told the director that no, I wouldn't be there because I didn't know about it, he ask me can I get over there. I told him "No. I work just like you. Had I been informed in a timely manner, I could've made arrangements". he told me that he didn't find out about the services until the afternoon of the day before. Had he called me the day before, I could've requested a day of bereavement and been there to do the sound for the service and to support my friend. I have told the director time and time again that the last minute info passing has got to stop. He apparently hasn't listened. As a result, I was not where I should've been. I just need to rant about that. Thanks for listening.

2 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's terrible that you weren't able to be there for your friend. I hope the director learns a lesson from this...i can't stand last minute info people either

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger iaintlying said...

I talk to my friend yesterday and she wasn't upset with me. She said she knew that if I could have been there, I would have been there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home