Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Getting Inked


After much reflection, I've decided that I would like to do something very special for my 34th birthday. I will turn 34 in November. This will be a defining moment as these past two years of my life have been in a word, interesting. To mark this milestone, I have decided to get inked. For those of you going "What the hell?", this means that I have decided to get a tattoo. I am going to lose my skin cherry. Peeps without tats are considered to have "virgin" skin. I've thought about it, and I'm pretty sure this is what I want.

There is a problem though and here it is: I don't know what to get or where to get it (body part). That being said, I am inviting you, my IIF's to participate in my defining moment. I am soliciting your help in finding an appropriate tattoo for my person and in suggesting which part of my person it goes on. Let me say that I not down with shull & bones or any type of dark and or morbid images. I'm also not into symbols in foreign laguages that I don't speak and therfore have to trust someone elses interpretation (remember Britney Spears?). Other than that, please feel free to email me pictures and suggestions.

This is your mission if you choose to except it :-) We have until November.

6 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm anti-tattoo so imma keep my mouth shut on this one :) good luck, tho

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Piscean Princess said...

both of mine are only visible to the general public if i'm scantilly clad & i highly recommend that.

don't you have any ideas about what you want?

hearts?
flowers?
your name?
a quote?
an animal?
something zodiac related?

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger S* said...

Hmmm...I like the cross you sent me (and I'm biased, since I already have one). I also think lotus flowers can make really beautiful tattoos if done right.

Just be sure to go with something that you can live with forever! I figured I wasn't changing my mind about God anytime soon, so a cross was a good idea for me.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger iaintlying said...

Princess, I know that I want something small first time out the gate. I'm thinking about getting
it put on the lower right side of my tummy like also to my pubic line. The other space I'm thinking about is on my upper back. One of my co-workers suggested that I get a pair of Hersheys kisses. I told S* that I would eventually like to get a Celtic Cross on the small of my back with the word "Sacred" or the phrase "My body, His Temple" inscribed under it.

S* I figure that I'll start out small and work my way to the cross.

If you guys see something interesting though, please email it to me. I'm open to ideas

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Piscean Princess said...

LOVE the my body/his temple idea!

I personally think you should go hard the first time. It hurts, so you might not want to do it again. But it doesn't hurt so bad that you're gonna get up & leave in mid-tattoo. So you might as well get what you for real for real want.

The more blogging & commenting you do, the more I'll feel equipped to give my opinion. I just don't feel like I know you well enough right now to start throwing out random ideas from scratch.

It's funny that you're not really sure - when I got my 1st one I was 200% certain what I wanted & where I wanted it (a black panther on my "hip"). Same with the 2nd one. (zodiac sign/2 fish swimming in a circle around my navel) I went so far as to have a third one designed for me. It was massive; would have taken up my entire thigh. Once I found out that I couldn't handle it in one sitting (it would have taken at least 8 sessions) I chickened out immediately. Unless some unforseen inspiration strikes me again, I won't be getting any more.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger iaintlying said...

Princess, I feel ya. I'll think on it. Meanwhile we do have UNTIL November and by then, you should know me well enough to through your opinion out there. I can already tell you that I appreciate your candor and honesty. :-)
You're one cool Princess, I can't wait until you reign as queen! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home